[CWG-Stewardship] v1 Final Proposal

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Tue Jun 2 14:46:57 UTC 2015

I have an objection to paragraph 102 on PTI board. I thought we had made it clear that a substantial amount of public comment, and virtually ALL civil society groups, had asked for at least a minority of the PTI board to be independent of ICANN. I do not understand why these comments, and the participation of NCSG's representative, were simply disregarded. The description of the model of the PTI board in 102 provides for a maximum of 5 members and proposes 3 ICANN-designated staff members. There is no reason why a simply compromise calling for 2 independent directors could not be honored. What is preventing us, for example, from making the 4th and 5th board members the IETF liaison and the ASO liaison to the ICANN board?

--MM