[CWG-Stewardship] v1 Final Proposal

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Tue Jun 2 15:28:16 UTC 2015

Just on one narrow issue:

On Tue, Jun 02, 2015 at 02:46:57PM +0000, Milton L Mueller wrote:

> not be honored. What is preventing us, for example, from making the
> 4th and 5th board members the IETF liaison and the ASO liaison to
> the ICANN board?

Well, one thing preventing us is that this group is not in a position
to add to the job description of people appointed by other operational
communities.  I know that the IETF's liaison is already somewhat
taxed.  It's a difficult position to fill because it takes a lot of
time, and not everyone can volunteer to offer that much time.  (The
IETF has an expectation that its liaisons are not compensated, so the
fact that ICANN offers such compensation doesn't help in this case.)

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com