[CWG-Stewardship] Comment on IV.D (200) Re: For your review - CWG-Stewardship Proposal v2

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Wed Jun 3 23:22:33 UTC 2015

In this section, the question is how long the proposals are going to
take to complete, and it doesn't seem the question is being asked.  In particular, in ¶ 200, it might be good to get some ball park estimates.

So, for instance, for PTI, "Normal time for incorporation and approval
of a public-benefit company as an affiliate takes [n-n+m] months."

For CSC, perhaps some similar evidence for how long it normally takes
for ICANN to agree on how to set up a standing committee.  I suggest
that the length of time that it took from the announcement of the
creation of CWG-Stewardship until its complete population with all its
members (not participants) might be a good example time.

For the ICANN-PTI contract, perhaps use as a rough guide the amount of
time it took the NTIA and ICANN to come to terms last time?

Just some suggestions.  I don't feel strongly about these, but they'd
make the response more complete.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com