[CWG-Stewardship] DT-O recommendations/responses for Public Comment Review Tool

Suzanne Woolf suzworldwide at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 10:05:07 UTC 2015

> On Jun 3, 2015, at 10:58 PM, David Conrad <david.conrad at icann.org> wrote:
>
> Greg,
>
> Apologies for the slow response — a bit buried in stuff right now.
>
> I'm going on what Suzanne said, which is that the consulting that has been done to date to support IANA was "not undertaken directly by IANA staff."
>
> I'm not sure that's accurate.

Thanks David for the clarification, and I think I see where we diverged— besides that you’re more in touch with the day-to-day operations than I am. Apologies to all for any confusion from what I said.

I think it depends on what one considers “IANA”— staff involved in the day-to-day tasks covered by the SLAs, DNS operations (which has at least sometimes been considered administratively separate from “IANA”, contractors hired to look into specifics of various activities to be undertaken by IANA staff, etc.

But rather than push further into those details here, I’ll happily concede David’s clarifications, as IMHO they illustrate that our definitions may be ambiguous and need to be clarified.

> In addition, there are a number of aging software systems currently in use by IANA staff that are (or were) slated to be replaced, e.g., the PEN request/management system.

This is an excellent example of the kind of functionality that PTI needs to be able to support, whether in-house or out-sourced.

thanks,
Suzanne