[CWG-Stewardship] Final response from DT-M regarding public comments

Martin Boyle Martin.Boyle at nominet.org.uk
Fri Jun 5 10:00:58 UTC 2015

I struggle to imagine why the ICANN Board (any more than the PTI Board) would want to initiate an SIFR, in particular without the support of the community.  Worse, I would feel that there would be a “cunning plan” somewhere behind such a decision and that leaves me seriously questioning why we would want this process to be triggered in such a way.  No support for an SIFR, no overriding ICANN (or PTI) Board to ignore interests of the community.
If someone can see possible reasons, I’d like to hear them.  Then any trigger route could be defined (and limited) more carefully.

Martin