[CWG-Stewardship] SLE Working Group - going forward.....
cgomes at verisign.com
Thu Jun 11 12:08:21 UTC 2015
Mostly this looks pretty good to me but there is one thing that is different than what I understood from discussions earlier this week. My understanding was that the CSC would consider the SLEs proposed by the SLE WG after it is formed, i.e., after the transition occurs and that the SLEs would hence be implemented after the transition. I note in your item 9) below: " SLE in place from the date of Transition ". Which is correct?
I personally like the idea of the SLEs being in place at transition, but if that is going to be the case I think there needs to be some check point(s) with the community including direct customers during the implementation process to ensure that the final SLEs are acceptable. I raised this issue in the CWG call on Tuesday and understood that those check points would not be needed before transition because the CSC would be dealing with this after transition.
I don't think resolution of this is needed now but it certainly is needed before the implementation process is started.
From: cwg-stewardship-bounces at icann.org [mailto:cwg-stewardship-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Paul M Kane - CWG
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2015 7:08 AM
To: dt1 at icann.org
Cc: cwg-stewardship at icann.org
Subject: [CWG-Stewardship] SLE Working Group - going forward.....
I am pleased to advise we are making good progress now... and in light of the winding down of the CWG - to ensure our work is empowered to continue as discussd last week, may I propose that we rename DT-A - the SLE Ad-hoc Working Group (SLE WG).
1) The CWG has the work of the SLE Design Team as a Community initiative in the proposal - I ask that Design Team will be renamed to SLE Ad-Hoc Working Group (SLE WG).
2) IANA and Adam (my guy) are going to refine the SLE and then present that to the WG for adoption (approx 4 weeks to finish).
3) Once agreed, IANA will develop an Implementation plan (2 weeks) including an internal ICANN request for Technical Resources.
4) The Implementation plan needs NTIA approval (Kim and I will work with NTIA to secure approval) - 2 weeks.
5) Once NTIA has approved, the resources to extract the times needed will be
deployed.- 1 month
6) IANA will then for 2 to 3 months run a trial capturing real world transaction information and provide that to the WG
7) With real world data (that IANA is comfortable with) - we will populate the agreed thresholds for the SLE.
8) With the SLE data specified (Jan/Feb 2016), the SLE will be in place and ready for the Implementation Phase.Checking of the SLE during the Implementation Phase
9) SLE in place from the date of Transition !
Hope this is helpful
CWG-Stewardship mailing list
CWG-Stewardship at icann.org
More information about the CWG-Stewardship