[CWG-Stewardship] drift in v5

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 21:39:48 UTC 2015

Come to think of it, ain't we supposed to be transitioning NTIA stewardship
role, and does NTIA have the trademark in it's custody at the moment? isn't
the trademark with ICANN at present and would we say it would have barred
NTIA from awarding the contract to another entity if it wants to? I don't
think so.

I think we may be touching/moving/changing too much in this transition that
makes me wonder what our individual goal of this transition is.

For me it's to continue to have a strong ICANN as the IFO, looks like that
may not be the case for some.

With the way things are going, I fear that ICANN community would drift
further away from consensus/commonness approach and enter into a
voting/more political setup that would only accommodate community members
with the fitness (in terms of access to resources).

At the moment it's one direction arrow towards ICANN board, it seem the
arrow will be multiple directions and across communities post transition.
Again the most fitted community (in terms of access to resources) would
suffice.

I say this with huge sense of responsibility!

Regards

sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.