[CWG-Stewardship] ICG request concerning IANA trademark and iana.org domain name

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sat Jun 20 18:18:26 UTC 2015

Hi

Milton, sine you are insisting so much from a Names perspective that we
agree to transfer this from ICANN to the IETT Trust, I would like to
understand what advantage you see for the Names commuity in this from
the CWG perspective. I understand why you might take the position you do
as a member of the IANAPLAN WG or even as an ICG member (though you do
represent the GNSO/NCSG on the group), but I do not see what this does
for the CWG.

Also I think you misinterpret the IANAPLAN position.  They say they are
willing.  They do not request the move.

> > I suggest we put together an ad hoc team to deal with this.
>

> MM: I would insist on being on this team.

And as you insist on being on this team, i will also insist on being on it.

avri