[CWG-Stewardship] Legal cost reality

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Fri Jun 26 04:56:36 UTC 2015

Actually Chuck, the Board motion was approval of
the costs incurred through 31 March 2015, and
Sidley Austin was only engaged on 6 March. So
that appears to be the charge for the first 3 weeks or so.

My recollection is that they are billing a bit
under $1000 per hour, so that would amount (in
round numbers to 500 hours or 60 8-hour days in 25 calendar days.

Our Sidley legal team consists of several people,
and presumably for the first week or so, many of
them were "catching up", which presumably
accounts for a fair part of this. Then, Holly and
Sharon were in Istanbul for several days.

Overall, pretty high, but I am guessing the
remaining months had a lower per-month rate.

Alan

At 25/06/2015 05:55 PM, Gomes, Chuck wrote