[CWG-Stewardship] Legal cost reality

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Tue Jun 30 16:20:17 UTC 2015

I see no reason to believe that an entity "not tied to a specific IFO" is an appropriate or desirable owner of the trademarks.

MM: Greg, this belief of yours 1) is only your belief, no one else that I know of across the 3 operational communities adheres to it; 2) is clearly inconsistent with the separability principle embraced by the names CWG, a point you have been told before but which, for reasons I cannot fathom, refuse to accept; 3) placement of the trademark in a specific IFO is inconsistent with the numbers community proposal and will require reconciliation at the ICG level, so better to take care of that inconsistency now rather than losing a month or two by having it sent back to you.