[CWG-Stewardship] Service Level Expectations Design Team Template

David Conrad david.conrad at icann.org
Mon Mar 2 03:00:48 UTC 2015

Greg,

> It seems fairly clear that changes necessitated by the transition (because the
> NTIA is gone) will need to be made.  It would be good to be clear on what
> those are.  David, do you have some examples?  Do we need to check in with the
> IANA staff to clarify what pieces will be missing that must lead to internal
> changes at IANA?

See my response to Chris. I would strongly recommend checking with IANA
staff.

> I agree with Chris that the Design Team should concentrate on determining what
> needs to change within IANA as a result of this transition, not what could be
> changed, so long as we are doing this transition thing.

Just to be clear, my understanding was that the Design Team proposed by Paul
Kane was going to focus on service level expectations of existing services,
not identifying what needs to be done operationally to transition to a
post-NTIA world.

> If there's a feeling that additional changes (beyond those necessitated by the
> facts of the transition) need to be made now because stakeholders have
> "leverage," or its the "one bite at the apple," then that is troubling for a
> bigger reason.

Yes.

Regards,
-drc