[CWG-Stewardship] IAP DT Template - FORMAL OBJECTION

Chris Disspain ceo at auda.org.au
Mon Mar 2 12:25:36 UTC 2015

All,

The below is extracted from the IAP Appeals mechanism document:

On January 30th CWG RFP3 reviewed a detailed document (available here) summarizing the status of the IAP proposal and information flowing from the survey.  During the RFP3 discussion, it was noted that the IAP is in response to a request from ccTLDs.  RFP3 concluded with the following ‘Request/Action:” “ccTLD members and participants in CWG to come up with a consistent proposal on IAP” (see https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=52232278

Later that day, January 30, the CCWG of Accountability sent a letter to the CWG indicating that it has begun to elaborate is own work and that it will include consideration of binding redress mechanisms.  It has subsequently established an ‘Appeals and Redress’ work stream.  In their January 30th letter, the CCWG also said that it has no intention to give an accountability mechanism decision-making powers relating to the (re)delegation of ccTLDs.

In light of this, it is proposed that a Design Team consider the question of the potential need for a ccTLD delegation and redelegation appeal mechanism and the potential parameters of this.

It is proposed that the Design team be made up of two to three ccTLD representatives and one or two GAC representatives.  The DT will investigate the potential to include an expert that may have been identified to work with the CCWG on Accountability.

On behalf of auDA, the ccTLD manager for .au I formally object to the terms of this design team which are specifically excluded from the charter of the CWG. Under the heading ‘Scope’ the charter states 'Additionally, issues related to naming policy e.g. delegation, redelegation or revocation of ccTLDs, RAA related policy issues etc. are not within the scope of the CWG” (https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocwgdtstwrdshp/Charter).

Any work on matters relating to delegation and re-delegation of ccTLDs is a matter for the ccTLD community.

Chris Disspain | Chief Executive Officer
.au Domain Administration Ltd
T: +61 3 8341 4111 | F: +61 3 8341 4112
E: ceo at auda.org.au | W: www.auda.org.au
auDA – Australia’s Domain Name Administrator

Important Notice - This email may contain information which is confidential and/or subject to legal privilege, and is intended for the use of the named addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose or copy any part of this email. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately. Please consider the environment before printing this email.