[CWG-Stewardship] Principles and Criteria that Should Underpin Decisions on the Transition of NTIA Stewardship: New Draft

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Wed Mar 4 16:59:12 UTC 2015

Martin
                 i.     I think you need to strike the part of e iii where you say "Note: this does not pre-suppose any model for separation of the policy and IANA roles. The current contract already requires such separation);
First, the second sentence it is factually inaccurate, or at least contested, to say that the current contract requires it. As the results of the CWG survey show, the group has different views on whether the current contract provides for adequate separation. Second, NO principle presupposes any model, indeed the models are supposed to conform to the principles, so making this disclaimer about one specific principle is tendentious.

--MM