[CWG-Stewardship] Client Committee

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 23:48:27 UTC 2015

To respond to one particular item, we have over the last few days been
developing "Rules of Engagement" for the client relationship with Sidley.
These include many things you mention here.  We have set up a "CWG-client"
email list, which is being archived publicly like every other list of this
group.  Our call today with Sidley was conducted on Adobe Connect and
recorded, as well all other such scheduled calls.  A document is being
prepared to reflect these "Rules of Engagement."  I'm sorry it wasn't ready
earlier, but I spent several hours in the ER on Friday night being
diagnosed with cellulitis (a subcutaneous skin infection which can be fatal
if left untreated), and several more hours with my internist today, because
he wanted to do tests to rule out Deep Vein Thrombosis, which is much more
likely than cellulitis to be fatal.  Fortunately, it's only cellulitis.
This slowed me down a bit, in part because of the infection and in part
because I have to spend as much time as possible with my leg elevated above
my heart, which is not an ideal working position.

Jonathan's call for suggestions was meant to open the floor to further
suggestions, not to suggest that we had no idea how to set things up going
forward.  I'm sure this would have been clearer if the "Rules of
Engagement" had been sent out first, but we're not perfect.  However, we're
also trying our best and in good faith to get the CWG the legal advice it
needs and we are on the cusp of doing so.

"Complete secrecy" is an absurd mis-statement, but that's only par for the
course.  As for expediency, we worked on this virtually every day and
sometimes many hours a day since this committee was formed.  You have no
idea how long something like this takes, but you have no problem asserting
that there were delays or lack of expediency.

If you all are getting ready to hand out pitchforks and fire up the
torches, I'm not sticking around for the barbecue.

Greg