[CWG-Stewardship] Client Committee

Kieren McCarthy kieren at kierenmccarthy.com
Fri Mar 13 18:27:21 UTC 2015

> Of course, ICANN is picking up the bill and so I fully expect that ICANN
will want to continue to
> monitor activity and potentially, intervene with respect to expenditure.

So I think we can all agree that ICANN has a right to keep an eye on the
expenditure.

I don't see how that equates to "monitoring activity" however. And I don't
see why ICANN's staff should be given posting rights to the new mailing
list either (or even why a new, new mailing list is even needed).

If your argument is that ICANN needs to monitor expenses, that is very
simple: you can simply instruct the law firm to send ICANN an ongoing tally
of work each week entirely separate from this process.

I imagine this is a fairly common practice in these unusual situations
where the client and the person paying the bills are two different groups.

Kieren