[CWG-Stewardship] Client Committee Mailing List

Kieren McCarthy kieren at kierenmccarthy.com
Fri Mar 20 14:26:49 UTC 2015

Ok, so ICANN's lawyers (internal and external) no longer have special
rights. On to the other unanswered questions:

* When and how was the decision made that this closed committee would be
the intermediary between the independent law firm and the internet
community?

* Is there any reason why the closed committee cannot now be opened up to
representatives from across the ICANN community, rather than the very
limited four people currently on it?

* Where is this committee intending to do its work? Is there a calendar of
meetings? Will it be on conference calls? Are any face-to-face meetings
planned? Have meetings already happened?

* Will this closed committee commit to the same transparency and
accountability processes that apply to every other part of the IANA
transition process? i.e. recorded conference calls, minutes etc

* Is ICANN's legal department still attending the closed committee meetings
with the independent law firm? If so, why? And if so how does this
committee and ICANN account for the clear conflict of interest?

Kieren