[CWG-Stewardship] Report from DT-C on the Customer Standing Committee (CSC)

Martin Boyle Martin.Boyle at nominet.org.uk
Tue Mar 24 08:17:21 UTC 2015

Thanks Donna,

It's good to have the document on the table for discussion, so thanks to you and colleagues for the work to get a good paper out in such a short time.

I would like to put my hand up for a future discussion (in the light of the separate design team work) on .int.  While the job is similar to the management of the root-zone file, the nature of the job is fundamentally different.  It adds another 180 or so direct customers, the policy authority has moved to a different framework (who writes the registration policy?) and it is a different range of political questions (no longer just national concerns on ccTLDs, but inter-governmental concerns associated with IGOs).

If the CSC is to take on .int, then we will need to look at how to populate the committee with .int customer representatives.

Martin