[CWG-Stewardship] Version 2 of Naming Function Agreement

Trang Nguyen trang.nguyen at icann.org
Wed Aug 10 21:34:34 UTC 2016

Dear CWG-Stewardship,

Attached is a revised Naming Function Agreement that incorporated feedback from Sidley. We will start a 30-day public comment process on this draft today. During the public comment period, we will continue to engage with the CWG and Sidley to resolve any remaining issues or concerns with this document as we have been for this and other documents. We are also preparing documents that will explain how we have taken on Sidley's feedback and how we have incorporated the principles of Annex C. These documents will be provided to the CWG over the next few days.

Here is a schedule of the public comment period to give you visibility of the timeline:

10 August: Public comment period begins
11 August: CWG meeting
18 August: CWG meeting
25 August: CWG meeting
1 September: CWG meeting
9 September: Public comment period ends
16 September: Staff analysis report and final Agreement posted
16 September: ICANN Board meeting
TBD: PTI Board meeting

ICANN Board approval of the Agreement is expected to take place on 16 September. The PTI Board will also be asked to approve the Agreement.

Best,

Trang