[CWG-Stewardship] [client com] Meeting on July 7th at 7AM Pacific - IETF Trust

Christopher Wilkinson lists at christopherwilkinson.eu
Thu Jul 7 15:32:01 UTC 2016

Good afternoon:

May I suggest that the current discussion about the IETF Trust agreement would benefit from a few clarifications:

1.	CWG received an earlier communication from a leading member of IETF to the effect that IETF was not able, or was unwilling, to amend the Trust Agreement. Is that still the case?
	If so, what is the available scope for CWG to seek amendments to that agreement?

2.	The interesting document that we have received (in three columns) begs the question as to who is writing what? Isn't it rather late in the day for Sidley to be commenting on a critical text that has been on the table for several months? Also, it would be appropriate for the 'Proposed CWG Response(s)' to be signed. Proposed by whom to whom?
A detail: my copy of the IETF Trust agreement does not have any Footnotes, so some of the Sidley Comments are not exactly self-explanatory.

3.	Who is conducting the relevant discussions with the (other) Operational Communities?

4.	(To recall an earlier request that may well have been drowned in the flood) I would welcome a clear public statement from the Internet Society as to what exactly is the role of the ISOC Board of Trustees and of the Trustees of the IETF Trust with regard to the present and future situations of this agreement.

Best regards to you all

CW