[CWG-Stewardship] Purpose of PTI

matthew shears mshears at cdt.org
Wed Jul 20 16:40:11 UTC 2016

I'm wondering if we even need to go to that next level.  In the Services
Agreement draft it says:   "WHEREAS, following the IANA Stewardship
Transition, PTI will perform the IANA
functions on behalf of ICANN;"

So rather than making it more vague/complicated than necessary, why
wouldn't the PTI bylaws state the following:

"The specific purpose of the corporation is to perform the IANA functions on behalf of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“*ICANN*”)."

That is its purpose.  Thanks.

Matthew