[CWG-Stewardship] [IOTF] Rationale for PTI Staffing Recommendations

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Fri Jun 17 13:38:03 UTC 2016

Avri is exactly right here.
We are not redesigning PTI to suit ICANN's needs or even the IANA employees needs, as important as those are. We are _implementing_ a design that was laboriously constructed and vetted. If some kind of transitional arrangement is needed, as Mathieu suggested based on actual experience with a separation, it is acceptable, but  as Avri stated permanent secondment is a major deviation from the proposal and thus is not acceptable.