[CWG-Stewardship] FW: [IOTF] Rationale for PTI Staffing Recommendations

Paul M Kane - CWG paul.kane-cwg at icb.co.uk
Wed Jun 22 18:15:10 UTC 2016

May I propose a compromise.

i) Staff currently employed by ICANN can be seconded to PTI
ii) PTI is free (should the Board of PTI so decide) to directly employ any
member of staff it determines appropriate (yes the Board has 3 ICANN Staff and
only 2 independents)
iii) The money flow.....  ICANN pays PTI the approved budget and PTI pays ICANN
for seconded staff and also for operational expenses (shared services, travel,
expenses for operating).
iv) there is a commitment (as there is already) for ICANN to pay whatever is
approved through the PTI Budget process.

The probability of separation from ICANN is very remote, but that is also a good
thing as it will demonstrate that ICANN is doing a good job.  If it is not there
are many steps before the nuclear option (which is the deterrent folks will
never use (I hope!!.....) !

best

Paul