[CWG-Stewardship] IANA Stewardship Implementation

Paul M Kane - CWG paul.kane-cwg at icb.co.uk
Mon Mar 7 15:27:23 UTC 2016

Thanks Jonathan

Quoting Jonathan Robinson <jrobinson at afilias.info>:

> It became clear during the course of the session that material new details
> on the implementation of the CWG Stewardship proposal were being released
> for the first time.
>
> This raises two issues:
>
> 1.      Process - How do we ensure that ICANN implementation staff do not
> get out of synchronisation with the CWG?

I am impressed with how the staff are trying to address our concerns, but we
must ensure that nothing gets lost in the cracks (or smoke).... so I am in
favour of your proposal for an agile CWG group to lead the implementation and
for staff to execute.

If things get out of synchronisation - or there is confusion, the CWG group
shine a light on the matter and expose/resolve the confusion.

> 2.      Substance - Do we agree with the details presented in the session
> today?

I did not see it.... but guided by you.

> Both Lise and I stood up and made points to this effect during the meeting
> as did some of the CWG Stewardship Members / Participants.

Thanks to all.

> However, it is also evident that there is a need for the ICANN staff
> implementation team to have more rapid or agile reference to the CWG, in
> addition to our bi-weekly updates / meetings.

Sure... but we need to ensure that things are not moving at such a pace that
folks trip over.  Getting it done right the first time is better than having to
stall and revisit.

> Therefore, in order to address this need, the co-chairs propose to form an
> implementation oversight task force comprising the CWG co-chairs and the DT
> leads. The outcomes will come back to the CWG in any case but we believe
> that we need a capability to track the implementation work as closely as
> possible and as it evolves.

Sure .... that works.

Best

Paul