[CWG-Stewardship] DT-O proposed financial objectives for PTI

Maarten Simon maarten.simon at sidn.nl
Thu Mar 31 09:55:25 UTC 2016

+1

From: <cwg-stewardship-bounces at icann.org<mailto:cwg-stewardship-bounces at icann.org>> on behalf of James Gannon <james at cyberinvasion.net<mailto:james at cyberinvasion.net>>
Date: Wednesday 30 March 2016 at 22:49
To: Chuck Gomes <cgomes at verisign.com<mailto:cgomes at verisign.com>>, "cwg-stewardship at icann.org<mailto:cwg-stewardship at icann.org>" <cwg-stewardship at icann.org<mailto:cwg-stewardship at icann.org>>
Subject: Re: [CWG-Stewardship] DT-O proposed financial objectives for PTI

Thanks for the work on this Chuck,
Unfortunately I won't make it to the CWG call tomorrow so I will just lend my support to this here on list.

-James

From: <cwg-stewardship-bounces at icann.org<mailto:cwg-stewardship-bounces at icann.org>> on behalf of "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes at verisign.com<mailto:cgomes at verisign.com>>
Date: Wednesday 30 March 2016 at 9:47 p.m.
To: "cwg-stewardship at icann.org<mailto:cwg-stewardship at icann.org>" <cwg-stewardship at icann.org<mailto:cwg-stewardship at icann.org>>

DT-O agreed on the following financial objectives for PTI today:

"The financial objectives of PTI are to provide financial stability and operational excellence. Financial stability is defined as sufficient funding of PTI so as to avoid any kind of negative impact on the IANA Functions as a result of changes to ICANN's financial situation.  It furthermore is intended to capture the notion of secured funding for PTI that goes beyond one fiscal year. The objective of operational excellence means that there are sufficient funds budgeted and available to ensure that PTI is able to deliver operational excellence as defined by Service Level Expectations/Service Level Agreements approved by each of the three operational communities for their respective IANA services."

This is being sent to the full CWG for comment, edits and approval.