[CWG-Stewardship] RZERC Charter for CWG review

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Mon May 9 17:12:58 UTC 2016

The CWG represented only the names community, its proposal emerged out of the names community, and it only had authority to make proposals relevant to the names community. If you are talking about RZERC you are talking about names-related changes.

> The committee does not authorize. That task was given to the ICANN Board.

Here we agree

> Unrelated to the Board's responsibility for names policy.

Here we disagree. This is quite directly related to the board's responsibility for names policy

> I do not recall and objections to this in DT-F or the CWG.

See my first comment above. It was assumed that the proposal applied only in the names domain, because DT-F was part of the names community proposal.