[CWG-Stewardship] Letter of instruction from the CWG to ICANN regarding the IANA IPR Community Agreement.

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 19:09:11 UTC 2016

Hello,

1. While ICANN agreed to sign "on behalf" I don't think they have agreed to
sign "on behalf" as per the text in the letter. However it seem Greg is now
confirming that ICANN has indeed agreed to the terms for signing "on
behalf" which is good to know.

2. There is really nothing wrong with raising observations and all that we
should do is provide clarification. It doesn't have to degenerate to imply
incompetence of the person asking/raising an opinion.

3. I earlier raised an observation about the inclusion of the following
"...hereafter affirm in writing..." and I suggested that section wasn't
necessary. Since it is included, I hope a letter/note has also been sent to
the CO to provide their affirmation in writing.

4. I don't know how this letter is binding on anyone especially as it's
been signed by CWG and not by COs who are in turn members of EC. However, i
would only just hope that since/if ICANN agree then both sides will keep to
terms.

For avoidance of doubt, None of the above implies delaying this process by
any means.

Regards
Sent from my LG G4
Kindly excuse brevity and typos