[Discussion-igo-rc] IGO Protections - progress on notification mechanisms

Jonathan.PASSARO at oecd.org Jonathan.PASSARO at oecd.org
Mon Apr 24 09:56:52 UTC 2017

Dear Bruce,

Thank you once again for leading the discussions in Copenhagen in an effort to resolve the outstanding issue of protection of IGO acronyms at the second level.

I am writing to follow up with you on progress since that time. In particular, I would be grateful if you could let us know what steps ICANN has taken regarding the notification mechanisms for both IGOs and prospective registrants.

Best regards,

Jon

[logo_mail_uk]<http://www.oecd.org/>

Jonathan Passaro
Legal Adviser
Directorate for Legal Affairs

2, rue André Pascal - 75775 Paris Cedex 16
Tel: +33 1 45 24 14 73
jonathan.passaro at oecd.org<mailto:jonathan.passaro at oecd.org>  || www.oecd.org/legal<http://www.oecd.org/legal>