[Discussion-igo-rc] Discussion Sessions in Copenhagen

James M. Bladel jbladel at godaddy.com
Sat Feb 25 05:12:00 UTC 2017

Thomas et al –

GNSO Staff has recently informed me that our planned sessions in Copenhagen are currently marked “private”, and as a result do not appear on the published main calendar.

I’m not sure if this is an oversight, or was something requested by the GAC or the Board, but please be aware that this isn’t an acceptable arrangement for the GNSO community.  In fact, our ability to participate in these sessions and to speak on behalf of all stakeholders in our community, is predicated on these sessions being open and public.  I hope that you understand and agree.

For disclosure, I will be sending a note to Melissa King (Board Operations) to formally request that these sessions be open, and added to the main calendar.  If you share this view, I encourage you to respond as well.

Have a good weekend –

J.

James Bladel
GNSO Chair