[Discussion-igo-rc] Meetings in Johannesburg relating to IGO Protection

Bruce Tonkin bruce at tonkin.consulting
Fri Jun 16 09:03:03 UTC 2017

Hello All,

Please note that I am now using a different email address.

I have had a few questions about whether there will be any further facilitated discussion on  IGO protections in Johannesburg.

(1) Regarding the watch list suggestion from the facilitated discussion in Copenhagen.   I am aware that ICANN staff have done some further analysis of the options to provide such a service and will brief the Board.    I expect the Board will consider the information, and hopefully we will hear whether they plan to proceed with some form of service.

(2) The GNSO IGO-INGO Curative Rights Protections Policy Development Process Working Group<https://schedule.icann.org/event/B49J/gnso-igo-ingo-curative-rights-protections-policy-development-process-working-group#> will be holding a 90 min public session at the Johannesburg meeting at 10:30am on Tuesday 27 June 2017.

Details are available at:

https://schedule.icann.org/event/B49J/gnso-igo-ingo-curative-rights-protections-policy-development-process-working-group

I plan to attend this session to learn more about how the policy work has evolved since the public comment process on their initial report.   I recommend all members of this discussion list that will be in Johannesburg come along as well.

I don't believe there is value in having a further facilitated dialogue until we all know how the work of the working group has progressed since Copenhagen.

I will be happy to chat to anyone after that session, and open to any suggestions on how I can help in any way.

Regards,

Bruce Tonkin