[ECAdmin] Do you feel the need for a publicly-available conference call prior to the Community Public Forum at ICANN-59 in JNB?

Stephen Deerhake sdeerhake at nic.as
Wed Jun 7 05:20:40 UTC 2017

Greetings fellow ECA members, and  Mary.

First, thanks to you Mary,  and the ICANN meetings staff for choosing the appropriate meeting set up  --I believe this grew out of an SO/AC - ICANN59 tele-conference in which I recently participated.  I think we got the logistics/room format pretty well sorted then, although I have not had any formal follow up.

Given that we are apparently in the GAC room, and they need to fire up their meeting straight away at 09.00h, I believe minimal changes are required from their set-up, other than the ability to have either mics or roaming mics available, as well as translation (which is a given for that meeting room if I am not mistaken).

I believe that your assumption "that all five community representatives on the Empowered Community Administration, plus the relevant Board members in charge of “shepherding” the proposed Board Committee handover under the proposed Fundamental Bylaw amendment, will be seated at the head table." is accurate.  That's what I had in the back of my mind.

As this Fundamental Bylaw change was initiated by one of my two ccNSO Board representatives, I had previously offered my services to take the lead on this with regards to the Community Forum organisation, and if I am not mistaken, my fellow ECA colleagues agreed to the same.

I have prepared brief (5 min) comments about the occasion, the role of the Empowered Community Administration (basically paper pushing and vote counting --not decisional!), an introduction of my fellow ECA Colleagues, an introduction to the proposed fundamental Bylaw change, and then I thought I would offer the floor to my fellow ECA Colleagues should they wish to make remarks.

After that, my plan was to turn the floor over to Chris Disspain (I have been in discussions with him about this) who would make his case for the fundamental Bylaw change (after all, it is of his making), and then solicit questions from the audience, which Chris will have to respond to.  He's OK with this.

I have a short set of questions for Chris should there be nothing forthcoming from the Community, although based on the public comments, I think we are going to get a couple from the audience...

if you guys have one of those fancy-pants ;-) ICANN-logoed slide sets that illustrates the proposed fundamental By-law change, that would be great.  I describe it in my remarks, but my PowerPoint presentations tend to be non-graphical and mono-chromatic.

I think otherwise we are pretty set.

I invite my fellow ECA Colleagues to weigh in on the matters that you have raised as well.

Best Regards,

Stephen Deerhake
ccNSO Representative to the Empowered Community Administration
ccNSO Council Member
AS Domain Registry
GDNS, LLC
sdeerhake at nic.as