[Epdp-dt] Membership Composition - All Stakeholder Groups Must Have Parity in Numbers

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Mon Jul 2 19:42:26 UTC 2018

Hi Donna,

Thanks for your comments.

I believe that membership for this EPDP should follow the distribution of the Council, with equal parts representation of the CPH and the NCPH. Any other membership composition will not be "balanced representation."

As this is a GNSO-initiated EPDP, I think that the majority of the membership should be from the GNSO, which is why I support limiting participation from the other SO/ACs (and this would achieve substantial cost savings, as fewer travellers would need to be brought to face-to-face meetings). However I also recognise the political reality that the GAC wants to be involved in this process, which is why I was exceptionally okay with them having 3 members participate.

Best wishes,

Ayden Férdeline