[euralo-tf-als-engagement] Fw: [Alac-sc-outreach] The Upcoming EURALO activities in Eastern Europe region

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sun Aug 18 16:56:47 UTC 2019

Dear Roberto,

with a week having passed by and no objections to you being able to
carry the EURALO flag in the Ukrainian Internet Governance week, I
should advise you to proceed forward with asking for partial support
from RALO discretionary funds.
I was initially also thinking of spending the week in Ukraine, having
attended the first 4 Ukraine IGFs, but with you visiting already, with
our Ukrainian colleagues already in place locally (Vladimir, Oksana
etc.), and with the limited RALO discretionary funding, we need to make
a good use of funds, thus we can focus on making your week very productive.
Kindest regards,

Olivier

On 11/08/2019 16:28, Yrjö Länsipuro wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> As requested by Roberto, I'm forwarding his suggestion to the ALS
> Engagement list.
>
> Best,
>
> Yrjö

>>> 2. UADOM, Kyiv
> [...]
>>> APRALO). For the participation i will prepare a short presentation
>>> (if we already have it or infographics, i may use it) about the
>>> mechanism of our work explaining how the opinion of end users is
>>> transformed during the work into part of the policy development
>>> process.
>>>
>>> - The Interaction with RIPE NCC. According to preliminary data, the
>>> representatives of engagment interested in beginning such work. (We
>>> can hold joint open webinars after each RIPE or ICANN meetings, for
>>> example).
>>>

>>> It is a good idea: EURALO already did this for example concerning
>>> the GDPR
>>> (https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=79434910
>>> <https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.icann.org%2Fpages%2Fviewpage.action%3FpageId%3D79434910&data=02%7C01%7C%7C9a92467732084843572908d71e5af2a1%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637011248270163818&sdata=7YOfeIsoPPb1%2BQ6hagHatpydYirN%2B2hwjwITq9gIIVE%3D&reserved=0>), but
>>> there is always space to make more webinars I assume?! It is just a
>>> matter of organizing them and finding people who are willing to
>>> present ;-)!
>>>

>>> - We need to start a new tradition to replace the (a little bit)
>>> passive position in the region to active role by the invitation of
>>> the appropriated organizations (to organize f2f meetings or
>>> online-webinars) if this organizations are not yet our ALSs, but
>>> potentially may bring to our work a lot of useful suggestions,
>>> experience of best solution (I mean the organizations which are
>>> working on the Internet right and freedom protection field, as an
>>> example).
>>>
>>> - We should to use the opportunity of the physical presence with
>>> short introduction presentations at events in the region (we are
>>> talking about events which don`t  required  the funding for the
>>> presence). This is already implied theoretically, but practically we
>>> don`t use this possibility.
>>>

>>> I also support this idea ;-)!
>>>

>>> I kindly ask you to give the feedback and comments.
>>>

>>> Sincerely,
>>> Natalia Filina
>>>
>>> Officer of SIG IoT (ISOC)
>>> Member of EURALO Individuals’ Association
>>> https://atlarge.icann.org/alses/euralo
>>> <https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fatlarge.icann.org%2Falses%2Feuralo&data=02%7C01%7C%7C9a92467732084843572908d71e5af2a1%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637011248270173829&sdata=vjvpKPEUyoOLmqivtZTGme15WDLRi%2B4P8FRV3zDTSzk%3D&reserved=0>
>>> https://individualusers.org/
>>> <https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Findividualusers.org%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7C9a92467732084843572908d71e5af2a1%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637011248270183834&sdata=K3rELgRi06iVij6ZTciU%2FBQm3FfkmCnTzWfncq6P%2Fb8%3D&reserved=0>
>>>
>>> Member of ALAC Subcommittee on Outreach and Engagement

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD
http://www.gih.com/ocl.html