[Finance-sc] Fwd: [community-finance] FY15 Budget draft: Update on the process timeline

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sat Apr 26 12:14:13 UTC 2014

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[community-finance] FY15 Budget draft: Update on the process
timeline
Date: 	Fri, 25 Apr 2014 21:50:01 -0700
From: 	Xavier J. Calvez <xavier.calvez at icann.org>
To: 	community-finance at icann.org <community-finance at icann.org>
CC: 	BFC <fin-comm at icann.org>

Dear SO/AC leaders and community members,

I would like to provide an update on the Operating/Budget process: you
may have noticed that we have not published the draft FY15 Budget
information for public comment yesterday, as originally planned.
Instead, the publication of the FY15 Draft Operating plan and Budget
will be delayed until a tentative date of May 8th. Kickoff calls will be
rescheduled to the days following this date.

The main driver to this delay is the NTIA announcement and its impact on
the budget process: the management needed to change the  allocation of
resources in order to allow the organization to prioritize the USG
transition work, and therefore adjust the resource allocation of the
rest of the organization. Performing this exercise, and communicating it
thoroughly with the BFC, has added approximately 2 weeks to the process
of finalizing the draft budget.

The BFC and Board are meeting during a workshop from Monday 28th to
Wednesday 30th of April (next week). During these meetings, the full
updated schedule of the budget process until Board approval will be
determined by the BFC and reviewed for consent by the Board. We will
then publish a more comprehensive announcement relative to this timeline
change.

We are not happy to delay a significant milestone of the process, but
needed to dedicate the necessary amount of time to take into account the
change of circumstances. We appreciate your patience and understanding
in this transition phase.

Best regards,

Xavier