[Finance-sc] My last week comments / (FBSC) Working Group Call tomorrow

Nadira Alaraj nadira.araj at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 16:41:46 UTC 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Nadira Alaraj <nadira.araj at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 at 10:46 AM
Subject: Re: Apology Noted / (FBSC) Working Group Call tomorrow
To: Yesim Nazlar <yesim.nazlar at icann.org>
CC: Heidi Ullrich <Heidi.Ullrich at icann.org>, ICANN At-Large Staff <
staff at atlarge.icann.org>

Dear Heidi,
Here is my brisk feedback to the following Euralo ABRs

*“Protecting the Internet’s Unique Identifier System in an Age of
Disinformation”*

Seems this ABR was applied in an earlier year because some parts are not
updated as of “ during IGF 2020.”

My opinion to provide partial support of less than $5000 because in
administering online event doesn’t need much in a volunteer environment if
the Zoom platform is provided.  As for the travel request to the IGF 2021
it could be provided if it justified according to the ABR principle: Travel
and Project Related Principles:

“21. A travel or sponsorship request will only be granted for ICANN-hosted
or ICANN-sponsored events unless it is either (1) consistent with existing
ICANN regional engagement strategies, (2) involves internet governance or
DNS topics or (3) is otherwise coordinated with the ICANN Stakeholder
Engagement Vice President responsible for the region in which the event or
activity is held.  “

*“Internet-of-Things (IoT) and the Increasing Governance Challenges Ahead”*

My opinion No because the objective doesn’t fall into ICANN remits but more
to RIRs

*“Diversity in ICANN Leadership bodies”*

The concept of the workshop is relevant but not clear what and where is the
financial support goes for.

If it is for travel request, it can go through CROP

“Diversity in ICANN Leadership bodies (Part II)

(Travel support to ICANN Meetings for three young people)”

No: ABS request doesn’t provide travels support to third party.

For both ABRs:

*IGF Global (2021 in Poland) specific budget - At-Large delegation proposal
for IGF Global in Poland (Katowice 2021)*

(Travel Support for At-Large Delegation to the 2021 Global IGF)

*Support participation of individual users in EURALO*