[Gac-gnso-cg] MP3 recording GAC / GNSO Consultation Group teleconference Tuesday 07 January 2014 1400 UTC

Glen de Saint Géry Glen at icann.org
Tue Jan 7 18:56:48 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording of the GAC / GNSO Consultation Group teleconference held on Tuesday  07 January 2014 at 1400 UTC at:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-gac-20140107-en.mp3
 On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jan
 Please also note that the next call is scheduled for Tuesday 21 January at 14:00 UTC.

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Government Advisory Committee
Manal Ismail - co-chair - Egypt
Ana Neves -  Portugal
Suzanne Radel  - USA
Mark Carvell - UK

GNSO Council
Jonathan Robinson - co-chair - Registries Stakeholder Group
David Cake -Non Commercial Stakeholder Group
Volker Greimann - -Registrars Stakeholder Group
Brian Winterfeldt -Intellectual Property Constituency
Mikey O'Connor -Internet Service Providers & Connectivity Providers Constituency
Amr Elsadr - Non Commercial Stakeholder Group

Apology:
Gema Campillos - Spain
Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez, Costa Rica

ICANN Staff:
Marika Konings
Olof Nordling
Nathalie Peregrine
Glen de Saint Géry

Public archives of the mailing list can be found at:
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gac-gnso-cg/

Thank you.
Kind regards,

Glen

Adobe Chat transcript:

Marika Konings:Welcome to the GAC-GNSO Engagement Consultation Group meeting of 7 January 2014

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Hello Manal!

  Manal Ismail:hello

  Manal Ismail:i can hear you very well

  Manal Ismail:can you hear me ?

  Glen de Saint Gery 2:we cannot hear you

  Jonathan Robinson:Hi.  I can hear audio but cannot yet speak.  May dial in.

  Mike O'Connor:anybody taking notes or would you like me to do that?

  Jonathan Robinson:Good point Mikey.  It will be recorded but capturing agreements could be helpful

  Mike O'Connor:i'm on it

  Amr Elsadr:Hi all. Dialling in.

  Amr Elsadr:On the call now.

  Amr Elsadr:Yup.

  Mike O'Connor:that's a typo -- my mistake

  Suzanne Radell:Thanks, Mikey; agree with your characterization.

  Volker Greimann:apologies, the previous meeting ran a bit too long

  Suzanne Radell:Jonathan, I agree completely.

  Amr Elsadr:@Mark: Do you feel your concerns were addressed appropriately? If not, we should make changes to make sure they are.

  Amr Elsadr:@Manal: +1

  Suzanne Radell:Likewise; suggest deletion of that bullet under "Out of scope"

  Amr Elsadr:I also agree with Suzanne.

  Mike O'Connor:Mark -- could you type that title suggestion into the chat?  i got most of it but wasn't quite keeping up with you

  Brian Winterfeldt:I think that makes sense Jonathan.

  Brian Winterfeldt:@Suzanne.  Happy to review and give feedback by end of the week.

  Mark Carvell:Agree with Jonathan's proposal. My title suggestion is GAC-GNSO Consultation Group on GAC Early Engagement in Policy Development Processes. Also should "Who will be affected...."  to "Who is impacted by this issue and proposals resulting from this consultation group"?.

  Suzanne Radell:Concur with Jonathan and Manal; two leads with discussions within/among the entire group

  Mike O'Connor:i agree -- it's so cold here that my brain is not yet functioning

  Mike O'Connor:thanks Mark!

  Mike O'Connor:here's what i have for Actions so far, Jonathan

  Mike O'Connor:Actions    All - review and propose edits -- by Friday this week    All - consider volunteering to lead one of the 2 tracks of work    All - react to the questions in the table that Jonathan circulated to the list    Chairs? -- get on the agendas of our respective org's - progress/update

  Brian Winterfeldt:Thank you drafting team for your work on the draft charter!

  Suzanne Radell:Thanks to Jonathan and Mikey for your summaries

  Volker Greimann:thank you all

  Manal Ismail:Thank you all

  Ana Neves:Thanks and keep in touch

  Brian Winterfeldt:Thank you Jonathan and Mikey!

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks and good bye.

  Mark Carvell:On definition of problem and the challenge of ensuring the GAC keeps in step with policy developement process and does not end up delaying it, I will take another look. If currently implicit in the text, I think this needs underlining: an objective is to reassure stakeholders that early GAC engagement is not going to be disruptive in any way!

Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org
http://gnso.icann.org