[Gac-gnso-cg] Reverse liaison

Jonathan Robinson jonathan.robinson at ipracon.com
Mon Jan 13 15:43:44 UTC 2014

Thanks,

Let me see if I can help here.

The idea was / is for the GNSO to provide a knowledgeable (someone well
familiar with the Council and current policy development work and processes)
person/s.

The thinking then went that such a person or persons would likely have
recently spent one or more terms on the GNSO Council.

In terms of funding, ICANN funds the (ICANN meeting related) travel and
hotel of all GNSO Councillors.  A recently retired councillor would no
longer be in receipt of such funding.

Therefore, the proposal was to motivate for ICANN to fund the travel and
hotel of such a (volunteer) person such that they could readily fill the
role of reverse liason.

The proposal was not (to date) to remunerate the role in any way.

I trust that helps clarify thinking to date.

Jonathan