[Gac-gnso-cg] MP3 recording GAC / GNSO Consultation Group teleconference Tuesday 10 March 2015 1400 UTC

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Tue Mar 10 15:46:14 UTC 2015

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording of the GAC / GNSO Consultation Group teleconference held on Tuesday 10 March 2015 at 1400 UTC at: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-gac-10mar15-en.mp3

 On page:
<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#dec><http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jan>http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#mar>mar<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#mar>

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Government Advisory Committee
Olga Cavalli, Argentina

GNSO Council
Carlos Gutierrez, Councillor
Jonathan Robinson, Chair
Avri Doria, Councillor
Amr Elsadr, Councillor

GNSO Liaison to the GAC:
Mason Cole

Apology:
Manal Ismail – co-chair – Egypt
Suzanne Radell, US

ICANN Staff:
Marika Konings
Olof Nordling
Karine Perset
Glen de St Gery
Julia Charvolen
Nathalie Peregrine

Public archives of the mailing list can be found at:
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gac-gnso-cg/

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Nathalie

Adobe Chat transcript
 Nathalie  Peregrine:Dear all,  welcome to the GAC GNSO Consultation group call on the 10th March 2015 at 1400 UTC

Nathalie  Peregrine:@ all, we are having issues with the AC audio today, our apologies for this. If you are unable to dial into the audio bridge, please provide your contact phone number and I will dial out to you
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):please call +506 4000 2000
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Carlos, we are dialing out to you now
  Avri Doria:oh
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Avri, hello, do you need a dial out?
  Avri Doria:nope.  just need tto find my phone and its earphones.
  Avri Doria:thanks though
  CarlosRaul:connecte
  CarlosRaul:txs
  Nathalie  Peregrine:thank you Carlos
  Nathalie  Peregrine:@ all, there will be NO audio today via the AC room, apologies for this
  Amr Elsadr:Hi. Do we not have audio? Do I need to dial in?
  Amr Elsadr:Ah. Thanks Nathalie.
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Please dial in Amr, or we can dial out to you, as you prefer.
  Amr Elsadr:Dialing in now.
  Olga Cavalli - GAC:audio souns very distant, from marika I guess
  Olga Cavalli - GAC:yes now it is fine
  Amr Elsadr:I can hear you fine Marika.
  CarlosRaul:hanging up now
  Jonathan Robinson:I hear you Marika and others. All clear now
  Amr Elsadr:Well..., since I'm already dialed in. :)
  Jonathan Robinson:All: Remember to mute when not speaking.
  Amr Elsadr:Looks like we're a little light on the GAC side today?
  Amr Elsadr:Usually the opposite. :)
  CarlosRaul:We havo Olga
  CarlosRaul: and Olof, right?
  Amr Elsadr:Welcome Olga. Nice to have you here. :)
  Olga Cavalli - GAC:yes
  Olga Cavalli - GAC:Olof we can contact them
  Olga Cavalli - GAC:agree with Jonathan
  Olof Nordling:Yes, will contact all for their willingness to stay on during 2015
  Amr Elsadr:We have a motion for the next council meeting.
  CarlosRaul:had a shor audio interruption
  CarlosRaul:I´m back
  Amr Elsadr:@Olga: Exactly. This is a great example for why we may need to broaden the criteria of success.
  Amr Elsadr:It would certainly be helpful to have GAC input to any criteria we come up with.
  Nathalie  Peregrine:please mute mics and phones when not talking, thanks!
  Marika Konings:Completely agree with Avri
  Marika Konings:I actually had already taken that for granted - at each stage GAC input needs to be carefully evaluated and any differences discussed and addressed.
  Avri Doria:but even in scoping issues, we may find disagreements.
  Avri Doria:they may see the issue differently, and yes, may even see it as a non issue.
  Marika Konings:or consider it not within the remit for the GNSO to address...
  Amr Elsadr:Points taken. I was wondering what conflicts may occur. I suppose you're all right; there may actually be room for disagreement.
  Amr Elsadr:The charter drafting phase isn't included in this phase of our work, right?
  Amr Elsadr:@Marika: +1
  Marika Konings:Jonathan is correct - a draft charter is included in the Preliminary Issue Report and as such part of this phase.
  Amr Elsadr:If a drafting team is formed, it becomes part of the PDP WG phase, correct?
  Marika Konings:@Amr - I think that is actually the initiation phase
  Amr Elsadr:OK. I find the new mapping of the process a little confusing. :)
  Marika Konings:that covers the vote on the initiation and adoption of the charter (whether on the recommendation of a DT or as a result of the draft in the Final Issue Report)
  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Marika.
  Marika Konings:@Amr - these graphics may help: http://gnso.icann.org/en/basics/consensus-policy/pdp
  Amr Elsadr:Yes. I'm assuming that the initaion phase starts with "Initiate Policy Development Process", so actually not part of the issue scoping phase.
  Amr Elsadr:Ah. Just spotted the initiation phase in the diagram further down. Thanks Marika.
  CarlosRaul:frequency is right
  CarlosRaul:allthough i have a conflict in April
  Amr Elsadr:I'm fine with the frequency for now.
  Olga Cavalli - GAC:frequency is right, we must have in mind therre are many meetings also related with IANA transition and they should not overlap
  Amr Elsadr:@Olga: I'm guessing Jonathan is very aware of that. :)
  Olga Cavalli - GAC:I know :)
  Olga Cavalli - GAC:24march is istanbul I will be there
  Mason Cole:not impacted by Istanbul but I will be on holiday that day
  Olga Cavalli - GAC:depending on time i wll be able to attend
  Olof Nordling:we  tend to stick to 1400 UTC
  Marika Konings:For those in Istanbul, we could try to find a meeting room to do the call (if the call goes ahead)
  Marika Konings:if there is no conflicting meeting, of course
  CarlosRaul:thank you all
  Amr Elsadr:Thanks all. Bye.
  Olga Cavalli - GAC:Thanks Jonathan thanks all!!