[Gac-gnso-cg] MP3 recording GAC / GNSO Consultation Group teleconference Monday 23 November 2015 2000 UTC

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Tue Nov 24 06:53:50 UTC 2015

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording of the GAC / GNSO Consultation Group teleconference held on Monday 23 November 2015 at 2000 UTC at:
<http://mailer.samanage.com/wf/click?upn=NrFWbrBstcrPWP369qgbqlXiSKeL20xnUXzI03ZqpsuUqH8mFTVw1R5gZ6EUX1G2t7x8BmfU1SAtECfpuAnCVw-3D-3D_QuA5zZR9ZZ7J1F2FeF-2FOsgm1hgIDcBrAX2P7Ezxmql7ckJc4ios1-2BxObAoz2rzLSI3c4QB1NGo7bw7XrBjpRCbz74w4vzk48UxZMFoBBQBQaQ0ePdiOjdJ30sQNHkokOf-2F2p-2FBvMgKvMhzp-2B4u8fP-2BRrSytHe2KCf2HpQmtSbpezMgNTUG57PiORAPesOotpHA-2BC4pSmXJRsVmpbNaLqzhDxy-2FnAaXO5aGasHdZdYYESbChHvNc7tsdh8cSDJsUP650A-2Bwj5odtA4LZEkIryrHf56FaPn3JkgZTEjHBZwnLz-2BL-2F6GzkZVMUA8TsHYE5b-2BQV8VTCxfSxS7hHVz-2Fc2YLpmmEAd4MNDZoWhb2VcQ6uc3ZiCHz0EviMRYJfkIAJI2Pcq62hF1jHXUtogLVUECY1Q3WTKJ8RQTglvY5xdP84RCwjKVjxb-2FMlU9dAzrk3G-2BxNvdhGsczotWVlhTZBOh4Twnfu-2BszzpXnd77Sk0RLpQjM1kf3VQFGGtO6nFc6RZ>http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-gac-23nov15-en.mp3<http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-gac-23nov15-en.mp3 > <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-gac-23nov15-en.mp3 >
 On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Government Advisory Committee
Manal Ismail – co-chair – Egypt
Suzanne Radell, US
Jorge Cancio, Switzerland

GNSO Council
 Amr Elsadr, Councilor
Paul McGrady, Councilor
Phil Corwin, Councilor
Carlos Gutierrez, Councilor

GNSO co-Chair
Jonathan Robinson

Apology:
Ana Neves, Portugal
Mason Cole, GNSO Council to the GAC

ICANN Staff:
Marika Konings
Olof Nordling
Nathalie Peregrine

Public archives of the mailing list can be found at:
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gac-gnso-cg/

Thank you.
Kind regards,

Nathalie

Adobe Chat transcript:

   Terri Agnew:Dear all, Welcome to the GAC GNSO Consultation Group call on Monday, 23 November 2015 at 20:00 UTC

  Carlos Raul:Hello Nathalie, hello Olof
  Olof Nordling:Hi Carlos and Nathalie
  Carlos Raul:Hi Amr
  Amr Elsadr:Hey there Carlos. Hi all.
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Amr, we are also dialing out to you
  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Nathalie. Standing by.
  Nathalie  Peregrine:we are getting a busy tone
  Amr Elsadr:My line isn't busy at all.
  Amr Elsadr:Hmmm.
  Nathalie  Peregrine:can you confirm the number please Amr?
  Carlos Raul:operator on the line
  Jonathan Robinson:The annotated agenda is not for general consumption. It is a tool for the chairs only
  Carlos Raul:woops
  Jonathan Robinson:It's not secret. Just represents our preparation work
  Carlos Raul::-)
  Carlos Raul:Now we know your secret fomrula for an efficiente Chair Jonathan
  Suzanne Radell:Hi everyone
  Philip Corwin:There are no ICANN secrets...it is a thorughly transparent organization ;-)
  Jonathan Robinson:Preparation is everything! Or at least a decent part of the picutre :-)
  Manal Ismail:Hello everyone :) !!
  Amr Elsadr:Hi Manal.
  Paul McGrady:Thank you!
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Jorge Cancio has joined the call
  jorge cancio (GAC Switzerland):Hi all - sorry for joining late. The adobe has taken a while to load
  Manal Ismail:Hi Paul .. Hi Jorge .. Glad to have you on board :) !!
  Manal Ismail:and of course, gla dot have Philip as well :) !!
  Amr Elsadr:Have the new members of the CG been subscribed to the CG's mailing list?
  Suzanne Radell:Joining Manal in welcoming new GNSO members
  Marika Konings:@Amr - yes they have
  Philip Corwin:Thank you. Glad to be participating.
  Amr Elsadr:Great. Thnx Marika.
  Amr Elsadr:Tuesday's are fine by me, although I wouldn't mind if the call was a couple of hours earlier. :)
  Carlos Raul:schedule is fine with me Txs
  Carlos Raul:could make it 2 hours earlier if necessary
  Carlos Raul:but not much earlier pls
  Marika Konings:14.00 UTC is the regular time, not this time slot (if that helps) :-)
  Amr Elsadr:My feelings are not that strong. I can make it now. An earlier call would only be more preferable.
  Philip Corwin:1400 UTC is 9 am in eastern US during winter. If you make earlier then please no earlier then 1300 UTC (8 am)
  Amr Elsadr:There is an updated version of this document with responses to Manal's questions by Mason.
  Olof Nordling:Yes, Amr, and Mason sent that around to the CG list, so it should be in the inbox for all
  Marika Konings:@Amr - that is what is up on the screen
  Manal Ismail:@Marika, I think the one on the screen doesn't include Mason's responses
  Marika Konings:Isn't it the red text?
  Amr Elsadr:Mason sent responses to Manal's questions in comment boxes.
  Manal Ismail:@Marika, he also responded to the comments on the margins ..
  Marika Konings:oh, sorry, I may have missed that. I will look for it now.
  Marika Konings:this should be the one!
  Amr Elsadr:Yup. This is it.
  Suzanne Radell:Amr's points re institutionalizing both mechanisms makes a lot of sense
  Suzanne Radell:Having said that, I take Jonathan's point that our experience with the quick look mechanism is not as far developed as the liaison function
  Amr Elsadr:The pilot for the QLM could continue beyond 3 PDPs, if the CG chooses to recommend this.
  Marika Konings:@Manal - that is correct, that is at least what the GNSO Council recommended after they adopted the QLM as a pilot.
  Jonathan Robinson:Well. We may have sufficient confidence in the Quick Look that we want to instituionalise early. Or flag that we are likely to deal with that at the next meeting?
  Marika Konings:ah, Amr, you are correct the language is as follows: The GNSO Council agrees to jointly implement with the GAC, the preliminary recommendations by the CG concerning the issue scoping phase of the PDP as outlined here http://gnso.icann.org/en/drafts/gac-cg-issue-scoping-27jan15-en.pdf on a trial basis for a minimum of 3 consecutive GNSO PDP's immediately following the adoption of the motion.Following the end of this trial period, the CG is expected to report back to the GAC and GNSO Council on the effectiveness of these recommendations as a result of the experiences gained during the trial period. Furthermore, the CG is expected to make a recommendation as to whether or not the preliminary recommendations concerning the issue scoping phase of the PDP should be permanently implemented, either in their current form, or with possible modifications based on the further work of the CG including experience gained during the trial.
  jorge cancio (GAC Switzerland):agree with Manal
  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Marika. Yes..., that was my recollection.
  Marika Konings:Your memory is better than mine!
  Amr Elsadr:I find that to be highly unlikely. ;-)
  Marika Konings:on RPMs - a request has been sent to the GAC I believe on that one as well
  Olof Nordling:Indeed, and well received and circulated
  Amr Elsadr:So far, it seems folks are happy with this, which is a good thing, I guess.
  Manal Ismail:It's an observation by staff ..
  Amr Elsadr:Apologies about any bad audio on my end.
  Marika Konings:Pages 3 and 4 of this document show the Initiation and WG phase
  Marika Konings:and after that there are still the Council and Board deliberation phases
  Amr Elsadr:Is that red box on the first page in the right place?
  Amr Elsadr:I thought the QLM was supposed to be launched along with the requrest for an issues report, not when the public comment period on a preliminary report starts?
  Marika Konings:@Amr - correct, that flow chart has not been updated to reflect the implementation of the QLM
  Marika Konings:the focus for this conversation is slide 3 and 4
  Amr Elsadr:Thanks. Was just checking.
  Manal Ismail:I'm sorry Amr .. your voice is breaking .. can't hear you well ..
  Marika Konings:I can hear Amr fine
  Jonathan Robinson:You are clear to me Amr
  Carlos Raul:it is fine on my side Amr
  Amr Elsadr:Manal. I hope you got that.
  Manal Ismail:Yes Amr I did .. Thanks ..
  Marika Konings:it is already a PDP ;-) The WG is expected to be formed in early Jan. The Council adopted the charter during its meeting last week.
  jorge cancio (GAC Switzerland):good points by Olof
  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Olof. Good food for thought.
  Carlos Raul:thanks Olof good point
  jorge cancio (GAC Switzerland):I feel the GAC should organize itself as it would best suit the particular situation
  Amr Elsadr:@Jonathan: I do not believe we made any formal recommendations beyond the issue scoping phase. But yes..., I do believe it is within the remit of this group to do so.
  Amr Elsadr:It would then be up to the GNSO Council and the GAC to adopt the recommendation of the CG.
  Suzanne Radell:Perhaps this suggestion could be held as an outstanding issue for further consideration?  Based on the results of the initial QLMs and GAC input to the current/pending PDPs.
  Suzanne Radell:Apologies for not being clear, I was referring to Jonathan's suggestion (and building on both Jorge's and Amr's chat messages)
  jorge cancio (GAC Switzerland):What is the timeframe for providing feedback?
  Manal Ismail:@Jorge, was going to suggest we have deadlines when we wrap :) !!
  Paul McGrady:Thank you all.  This has been very helpful!
  Amr Elsadr:My last comment will be to wish folks in the US a happy Thanksgiving. :)
  Suzanne Radell:Many thanks, Amr.
  Paul McGrady:Thanks Amr!
  Manal Ismail:Yes .. Of Course .. Happy Thanksgiving to all :) !!
  Carlos Raul:Txs Marika!!! its clearer now.
  jorge cancio (GAC Switzerland):Happy Thanksgiving!
  Carlos Raul:txs
  Philip Corwin:Thank you Jorge
  jorge cancio (GAC Switzerland):happy to having joined this productive group :-)
  Philip Corwin:And manal, Amr
  Suzanne Radell:Bye all
  Manal Ismail:Thanks everyone .. Bye ..
  jorge cancio (GAC Switzerland):bye