[Gac-gnso-cg] MP3 recording GAC / GNSO Consultation Group teleconference Tuesday 8 September 2015 1300 UTC

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Tue Sep 8 18:36:10 UTC 2015

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording of the GAC / GNSO Consultation Group teleconference held on Tuesday 8 September 2015 at 1300 UTC at: http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#sep<http://mailer.samanage.com/wf/click?upn=KTB340yHI8DoUtMP4BGJnoKlj-2By-2BWIhklOfX-2BVqjGnh0ZpRS1WfUW-2F-2BeKhTU4GMF0rWL0cvVCNgMOHZn6HqW4Q-3D-3D_QuA5zZR9ZZ7J1F2FeF-2FOsgm1hgIDcBrAX2P7Ezxmql7ckJc4ios1-2BxObAoz2rzLSI3c4QB1NGo7bw7XrBjpRCbz74w4vzk48UxZMFoBBQBQaQ0ePdiOjdJ30sQNHkokOf-2F2p-2FBvMgKvMhzp-2B4u8fP-2BRrSytHe2KCf2HpQmtSbpezMgNTUG57PiORAPesOotpHA-2BC4pSmXJRsVmpbNaLqzg4zCIRLtbRO-2F4g2YNL2fbTAq0J-2BsblkVpHu6XfrRCbUg6S6ozJJDMKhTKlT8Gcsr4ljNuZqOT9v-2FU3bSmJT9Q4fLsOLpLjfGckez6nRXuutMtMD3LkvToSpU2QHtADEkClMDp3RrVdRksfmm7X6sFTvvPI99-2FxgA9p7chXJjDx6oTCzsMFBxocTabucvKy-2F6czK75KXDfWCEhpAiGsCmhyTJRkdMwnf42sKJuwvU51OTAXY526iy5cMeHXWwDzLpZK9P-2BFYSfF7FlJ7gIJShz7vZeX-2F1kTFJpaIHMIC-2FekI>

 On page:
<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#dec><http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jan><http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#mar>http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#sep><http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#mar>s<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#sep>ep<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#sep>

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Government Advisory Committee
Olga Cavalli, Argentina
Manal Ismail – co-chair – Egypt
Mark Carvell, UK
Ana Neves, Portugal

GNSO Council
Jonathan Robinson, Chair
Avri Doria, Councillor
Amr Elsadr, Councillor

GNSO Liaison to the GAC:
Mason Cole
Apology:
Suzanne Radell, US

ICANN Staff:
Marika Konings
Olof Nordling
Glen de St Gery
Nathalie Peregrine

Public archives of the mailing list can be found at:
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gac-gnso-cg/

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Nathalie

Adobe Chat transcript
 Marika Konings:Welcome to the GAC-GNSO Consultation Group Meeting of 8 September 2015

  Jonathan Robinson:Hi. Please can we swap items 5 & 6 as per manal's email suggestion
  Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina:hi can the operator dial out to me? + 54 11 4826 2530
  Jonathan Robinson:Be good to confirm membership of this group at the outset
  Jonathan Robinson:I.e. as part of the roll call
  Nathalie  Peregrine:@ Olga, yes, no problem at all
  Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina:thanks Nathali
  Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina:e
  Manal Ismail:Hello everyone :) !!
  Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina:hi Manal!
  Manal Ismail:@Jonathan good suggestions ..
  Olof Nordling:Hello from  downtown Brussels in the aftermath of a farmer's demonstration
  Manal Ismail:Jonathan would you like to start or should I ?
  Amr Elsadr:Hi all. Just joined via the AC room.
  Jonathan Robinson:@Manal. I am OK either way. Perhaps 1 more minute
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:Hello - just joined.
  Jonathan Robinson:Ah. It's 3 past the hour. I suggest we move ahead now.
  Manal Ismail:ok ..
  Manal Ismail:ok go ahead please ..
  Manal Ismail:yes we do ..
  Jonathan Robinson:Ana is in the AC
  Ana Neves:yes, I'm here.
  Amr Elsadr:For example, it may be helpful to know if this may be helpful to QLMCs being set up?
  Marika Konings:Yes, I think that is correct
  Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina:is it there a GNSO GAC leadership call in the agenda in the next weeks?
  Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina:i donot recall now
  Marika Konings:@Olga - not that I am aware. I think the idea is to schedule such a call to take place shortly before the next ICANN meeting but it is probably important to already get this on the agenda.
  Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina:thanks Marika
  Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina:i donot hear Mark
  Jonathan Robinson:It strikes me that it makes sense to schedule a GAC / GNSO leadership call between now & Dublin
  Marika Konings:@Jonathan - we can set up a doodle poll to identify a time / date that works for all.
  Olof Nordling:Correct - bt the GAC Communique is a bit wider than GAC Advice to the Board only - the GAC Advice is a part of the Communique
  Amr Elsadr:GAC communiques to the board are meant to inform and be included in issues reports they are relevant to as part of the pilot project of this group. Was only wondering to what extent this excercise by the GNSO Council is helpful to that end. Apologies if I caused confusion.
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:@ Amr - thanks for clarification. I see it is complementary but would cover other issues. All need to understand that this is nto a one-stop check on GAC PDP  interaction..
  Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina:jonathans audio is scattered
  Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina:i lost audio :(
  Nathalie  Peregrine:@Jonathan, we can dial out to you
  Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina:back
  Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina:i lost jonathan again
  Amr Elsadr:@Jonathan: Could you please repeat the question once more?
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:On GAC side we need to measure awareness and reminder of process.
  Jonathan Robinson:I am on +44 (0)20 7993 6103 if  audio breaks again
  Avri Doria:Marika anssered my question.  Thanks
  Marika Konings:Jonathan, you are breaking up again
  Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina:I dot hear Jonathan
  Amr Elsadr:At this point, I would be happy to hear feedback from the GAC on how effective the CG's recommendations were regarding the QLM. Thanks.
  Amr Elsadr:Interesting observations from Marika and Olof.
  Amr Elsadr:I can hear you fine, Jonathan.
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:I suggest GAC Secretariat circulate a paper on implementation to date and what is live at time of Dublin.
  Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina:+1 to marks comment
  Amr Elsadr:Also +1 @Mark.
  Manal Ismail:+1 Mark ..
  Ana Neves:it makes sense for GAC what Mark suggested.
  Manal Ismail:we can hear you Olga ..
  Amr Elsadr:I can hear you loud and clear, Olga.
  Ana Neves:can't hear anything!
  Terri Agnew:@Ana, let me know if a dial out is needed
  Ana Neves:it seems I'm still connected but no sound at all for the last couple of minutes...
  Amr Elsadr:Did I just lose audio?
  Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina:cannot hear manal
  Manal Ismail:it seems that I lost audio ..
  Ana Neves:I've no audio at all
  Manal Ismail:I was suggesting to inetgrate the GNSO liaison role to the paper that Mark suggested to be circulated .. I believe the early engagement is partially QLM and partially GNSO liaison to the GAC ..
  Ana Neves:+ 1 Manal
  Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina:+1 Manal
  Manal Ismail:... and seek feedback or suggestions for enhencement in light of the couple of ongoing PDPs ..
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:Feedback from Mason also valuable.
  Jonathan Robinson:@Mark. Good point
  Manal Ismail:Agree Mark ..
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:GAC will have a lot to say on next round - the tming, conduct and addressign where first round failed. It willtake several GAC meetings to discuss and arrive at final positiosn.  I wonder if there a risk of being out of step with the PDP?
  Amr Elsadr:@Mark: I believe that at this stage (issue scoping/identification), all that is requried is that issues are flagged. There will be plenty of opportunity for substantive input at later stages of the PDP.
  Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina:Marika could you share the link to the document that is our for comments now?
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:@ Olga: are we discussing next round in Dublin? (I had to miss the recent agenda-setting call)
  Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina:+1 to Jonathan ´s suggestion abour working groups in the agenda for dublin
  Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina:@mark i no not recall we  are
  Olof Nordling:@Mark: Yes, we have next round aspects for New gTLDs in the agenda,
  Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina:thanks mark...too much going on....
  Manal Ismail:Thanks Jonathan ..
  Jonathan Robinson:@All. I am OK with two weeks
  Amr Elsadr:2 weeks sounds good.
  Manal Ismail:I'm fine with 2 weeks too ..
  Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina:2 weeks ok
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:For me can't do 22nd (there is a CCWG call I think too. 23rd would be good.
  Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina:23 yes
  Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina:what time later?
  Amr Elsadr:Later on the 22nd sounds good.
  Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina:ok
  Amr Elsadr:Maybe make the suggestion of UTC 15:00 on-list.
  Manal Ismail:ok .. may be a bit late though ..
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:Not sure if I can do 22nd - unlikely have to say!
  Brian Winterfeldt:Thank you everyone.  Apologies for being a bit late today - had a conflicting IPC Leadership call.
  Brian Winterfeldt:Will fill out Doodle Poll!
  Amr Elsadr:Thanks all. Bye.
  Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina:bye thanks!
  Ana Neves:thanks. Bye
  Manal Ismail:Thanks Jonathan and everyone .. Bye ..
  Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt:Many thanks - up to speed now! Bye
  Brian Winterfeldt:Bye all.  Thank you Jonathan.