[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] IRT Member Poll Re: De-Accreditation: Please Complete by EOD 28 April

Darcy Southwell darcy.southwell at endurance.com
Wed Apr 26 07:23:52 UTC 2017

Thanks, Theo.  I appreciate your suggestion and agree with you about adding option #3 and #4 to the survey.

@Amy, I think it would be helpful if you could give us more than 3 days to complete the survey.  Can we leave this open for at least a week?

Darcy

From: <gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of gtheo <gtheo at xs4all.nl>
Date: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 12:49 PM
To: <gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl at icann.org>
Subject: Re: [Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] IRT Member Poll Re: De-Accreditation: Please Complete by EOD 28 April

Hi Amy,

I am struggling a little with this poll in the sense of committing to

it. The mentioned principles recommended by the WG are fine.

But the two possible options that ICANN sees as solutions are by no

means complete. I appreciate the speediness of staff, but we are talking

bout registrants here and procedures and how that will affect them.

Option 1 looks like a path forward but requires a lot of work in the

sense of getting it right.

Option 2 looks not practical, as this procedure applies to registrars

and not privacy providers. Making this work will also require a lot of

work.

Option 3?

Work on option 1 and use it as a starting point and develop a framework

and map out the actors and the possible scenarios.

We will run into a lot of practical issues here, like for example is a

30 days notice enough and how are bounces being dealt with?

This looks simple, but it will get complex fast.

Option 4, other solutions?

Thanks,

Theo