[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] Updates, action items following 1 August PP IRT call

Amy Bivins amy.bivins at icann.org
Tue Aug 1 19:32:03 UTC 2017

Dear Colleagues,

Thanks so much for your active participation on today's Privacy/Proxy IRT call. We made a lot of progress. If you were unable to attend, the recording and materials are available on the wiki, https://community.icann.org/display/IRT/01+August+2017.

I've updated the issues list (attached) for the topics discussed today (Issues 5, 6, 9, 10, 13) based on your feedback.

IRT Action Items

  1.  Please provide any additional input you have on issues 5, 6, 9, 10, and 13 no later than next Monday, 7 August. In particular, please consider the following questions that arose during today's meeting:
     *   Regarding issue 6 (Section 3.5.4.1 of the draft PPAA), should we consider reducing the required period from 15 days to some shortened period? If yes, do you have recommendations for what the shortened time period should be?
     *   Regarding issue 13 (PPAA section 5.7.1): (i) Is it feasible for a registrar to block new registrations from a suspended provider (provided that provider is identified by its ICANN ID during the registration process)? (IRT input on this point has been mixed); (ii) If the answer to (i) is yes, is any additional language required with respect to Point 5 raised during the call ("sounds like we need an EPP for PP Providers")?
  2.  Please complete the IRT poll re: data escrow and additional PPAA discussion topics no later than Friday, 4 August, https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/62XCMSS

Next Week

Next week, we plan to discuss Issues 4 and 23(data retention), 12 (accreditation term), 15 (Customer Data Accuracy Spec), 17-19 (LEA Specification). We will discuss data retention and the LEA specification first, to ensure we can discuss both of these while we have our PSWG colleagues on the call.

Thanks in advance for your continued consideration of the issues discussed today and your completion of the poll. If you have questions or comments before our next meeting, please send them to the list.

Best,

Amy

Amy E. Bivins
Registrar Services and Engagement Senior Manager
Registrar Services and Industry Relations
Direct: +1 (202) 249-7551
Fax:  +1 (202) 789-0104
Email: amy.bivins at icann.org<mailto:amy.bivins at icann.org>
www.icann.org<http://www.icann.org>