[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] Notes, Action Items from 22 August PP IRT Call [PLEASE complete poll]

Margie Milam margiemilam at fb.com
Tue Aug 29 00:26:24 UTC 2017

Hi Amy & All-

Here are additional comments on the IP Framework:

  *   What is the justification for charging? (see: Section 1.2.3. Assessing a nominal cost-recovery fee for processing complaint submissions, or to maintain Requester account so long as this does not serve as an unreasonable barrier to access to the process).  Since there was no support on the IRT for requiring manual review of requests, perhaps there is no longer a need to charge a fee for submitting requests.
  *   Section 1.2 - There should be an appeal process built in (just like registrars are afforded when “adversely affected”) – especially where the Provider can revoke or block Requester access to the submission tool …
  *   Section 2.1.6.1 and 2.2.7.1-  Requiring the rights holder to state that “is not defensible: is an improper standard because anyone can “claim a defense”
  *   Section 3.3.4 – if the disclosure is refused, and the customer has surrendered the name, how does the rights holder identify who and where to sue for past infringement?  Are the providers to be sued in lieu of the customer?

All the best,

Margie