[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] Notes, Action Items from 22 August PP IRT Call [PLEASE complete poll]

Darcy Southwell darcy.southwell at endurance.com
Tue Aug 29 14:30:31 UTC 2017

My apologies, but I won’t be able to make today’s meeting.

Best,

Darcy

----------------

Darcy Southwell | Compliance Officer

M: +1 503-453-7305 │ Skype: darcy.enyeart

From: <gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Amy Bivins <amy.bivins at icann.org>
Date: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 7:00 AM
To: "gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl at icann.org" <gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl at icann.org>
Subject: [Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] Notes, Action Items from 22 August PP IRT Call [PLEASE complete poll]

Hello, All,

Thanks so much for your active participation on yesterday’s Privacy/Proxy IRT call. For those of you would could not attend, I encourage you to please listen to the recording, available on the wiki, https://community.icann.org/display/IRT/22+August+2017.

Several action items resulted from this meeting:
IRT: Please complete this linked poll regarding the proposed edit to the LEA framework, specification 4 of the draft PPAA, https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2F5BGBG, no later than next Monday, 28 August. Please read the background before the first question carefully.
The IRT discussion on this topic yesterday continued to demonstrate a division among the group regarding this proposed edit. The results of this poll will not be counted as a vote but are intended to ensure that we have a complete record and understanding of all IRT participants’ opinions on this topic. This is important. Please participate. There are only two substantive questions.
IRT: Please provide any additional feedback no later than Monday, 28 August, on the “record-keeping” topic, issue 24 on the issues list.
IRT: Please provide any additional feedback you have no later than Monday, 28 August, on the IP framework (issue 20 on the issues list), particularly the issue raised on the call, regarding the proposed addition of language from the framework’s introduction in the Final Report.
IRT: Please provide any additional feedback you have no later than Monday, 28 August, on the “business dealings” section of the PPAA draft (issue 25 on the issues list).
ICANN will review the “business dealings” section of the PPAA draft, per IRT feedback, to ensure that the language (when read in consultation with the rest of the contract) will not result in duplicative notice requirements (ie, customers should receive one notice (e.g. data accuracy notices), either from the provider or registrar—not both).

Finally, you will notice that we are moving fairly quickly to the end of the issues list (albeit with many action items to follow up on). Please send any additional points related to the PPAA draft that you would like to discuss to the list. Once we reach the end of the issues list, if we have no further suggestions from you, we will move on to other topics.

For next week’s call, we are planning to discuss data escrow and RDDS labeling. I will confirm this by Monday morning Eastern Time at the latest (we are currently working to finalize an updated draft specification for your review).

Best,

Amy

Amy E. Bivins

Registrar Services and Engagement Senior Manager

Registrar Services and Industry Relations

Direct: +1 (202) 249-7551

Fax:  +1 (202) 789-0104

Email: amy.bivins at icann.org

www.icann.org