[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] Materials, action items from 17 Oct Privacy/Proxy IRT call

Eric Rokobauer eric.rokobauer at endurance.com
Fri Dec 1 21:54:26 UTC 2017

​​Hi all,

I agree with Sara's idea about separating the agreement (and process) for
affiliated and non-affiliated providers. As I read (and re-read several
times) parts of the draft agreement, I find that we are working to push
affiliated and non-affiliated providers into the same agreement/process
when they are not really the same. IMO separating the
agreements/processes would alleviate the conflicts members of the IRT are
trying to resolve when reading through as there are lines that try to
emphasize what each provider type is obligated to follow. If in our
discussions we agree how these parties are separate in their business
models, it only makes sense that we work towards having 2 separate
agreements tailored to accommodate.

In addition, here are our additional concerns:

1.37 - "Service Provider" is defined here and should be used consistently
throughout (i.e., don’t use “Provider” when “Service Provider” is the
defined term).

3.2.3 - As Theo and Sara had already articulated in a previous comment,
need specifics illustrated with regards to data and adding "subject to
applicable" law.

3.5.3.1 - "Terminating a Registered name" should not be included and a
viable option here.

3.5.3.17 - Should be removed. Service Providers will not have control to
cancel a registered name.

3.7 - Change "at all times employee" to "dedicated"

3.16.7 - Language should be revised to follow Final Report.

3.17.2 - Language should be revised to follow Final Report: "*Before
Service Provider decides whether or not to comply with a Disclosure or
Publication request, Service Provider shall not mandate that a Requester
first make a Relay request.*"

3.18.2 - Theo made comments here that I agree with. Staff, will you please
identify which paragraphs of the policy does this operation relate to? I
think at minimum we must remove "facilitate and" as Service Provider does
not have control in respect to those registrar functions called out within.

7.4 - "Provider Stakeholder Group" needs to be defined here, but also
recommend revising this paragraph to be more clear. Maybe we have this in
brackets with a footnote that this is TBD until a stakeholder group is
first created?

Spec 2, 1.(ii) - Service Providers do not control transfers so this should
be removed.

Spec 2, 5. - Requests to Registrars to terminate or suspend (at least
terminate) should be removed. Registrars not bound to this.

Spec 3 - "P/P Customer" is defined in RAA along with "beneficial user." Why
are we not using that defined term here?

Spec 4 LEA Framework - Question to staff - Is this framework the most up to
date with our comments from prior meetings? Based on comments below for
this Spec, it seems there are still open-ended questions that were in
discussions IRT had had (including with PSWG)? We need to identify how the
GDPR will affect this framework when it comes to Disclosure (or
Publication) for EU resident registrants and address those issues in the
framework.

Spec 4, 3.2.2 -  Question to staff - How would Service Provider verify?
Also if in section 2 of the spec (minimum standard set requirements); if
provider does not receive all LEA Requestor details including their
identity, they will respond back inquiring as such. This section seems
redundant as a result.

Spec 4, 4.1.2. and 4.2.1. - We can't continue to reference "High Priority"
and use, as criteria was removed from 4.1.1. (an example regarding if all
proposed edits were included).

Spec 4, 4.2.2. - Change "Disclosure can be reasonably refused by Provider"
to "Provider may reasonably refuse Disclosure"

Spec 4, 4.2.2.2. - Change "national or international" to "applicable" law.

Spec 4, 4.2.5. - What does "give due consideration" mean as this was only
defined in the IP Framework in the Final Report?

Spec 4, 4.3.3. – Is this a requirement of the Final Report?  What was the
discussion in prior meetings?  This doesn’t seem to be needed.

Spec 4, 6.3. - Does this exceed the provision in the Final Report?
Something to review with PSWG?

Spec 6 – We need to identify how the GDPR will affect this framework when
it comes to Disclosure (or Publication) for EU resident registrants and
address those issues in the framework.

Regards,

Eric