[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] Privacy/Proxy RDDS labeling document attached for 14 Feb IRT call

Amy Bivins amy.bivins at icann.org
Fri Feb 10 17:26:45 UTC 2017

Hello, All,

Attached is an initial discussion proposal for Tuesday's IRT call, exploring
how we could potentially implement the Final Report's recommendation that,
"To the extent that this is feasible, domain name registrations involving
P/P service providers should be clearly labelled as such in WHOIS." (See
Final Report, p. 9)

To summarize, we have explored several possible alternatives for
implementing this recommendation. The attached proposes to add four new
fields, but also identifies the other possible alternatives that were
considered.

We are seeking your feedback on any and all elements of this proposal,
including (1) the specific fields to be added; (2) the location(s) of the
new fields; and (3) ensuring that this can be implemented from an
operational perspective (particularly if/when a provider is not affiliated
with the registrar). Once we have discussed the new fields and the preferred
locations for these fields, we will ensure the final product is consistent
with the new CL&D requirements.

On Tuesday, I'll run through the proposal briefly and also note the other
alternatives that were considered but not included here. The rest of the
call will be dedicated to your discussion and feedback on this. Please share
any preliminary feedback on the list and I look forward to talking with you
on Tuesday.

Best,
Amy

Amy E. Bivins

Registrar Policy Services Manager

Registrar Services and Industry Relations

Direct: +1 (202) 249-7551

Fax:  +1 (202) 789-0104

Email: amy.bivins at icann.org

www.icann.org