[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] Updated PP Policy Section 1, update from 1/10 IRT call

gtheo gtheo at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 11 12:47:59 UTC 2017

Hi Amy, all,

Looking at C3, I think we can approach this more low key and might not
require a sub team for this section.

Registrars already deal with made up privacy services by Registrant for
whatever reason, and when the Registrar becomes aware, most of us treat
it as an inaccurate whois and apply current procedures. Nothing new so
far.

The same logic can be applied when a Registrar becomes aware that
domains are being registered through an unaccredited P/P service.
The Registrar contacts the reseller or Registrant to correct the
situation and use an accredited alternative P/P service within 15 days.

I do not think we should come up with a system where we are going to
report non-accredited P/P services to ICANN and create a lot of work for
nothing. I expect we all got better things to do.

Am I missing anything?

Theo