[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] Cancelation of 17 January IRT meeting; Please complete IRT poll re: schedule

Amy Bivins amy.bivins at icann.org
Fri Jan 13 17:08:04 UTC 2017

Dear Colleagues,

Upon further consideration, we have decided to cancel the Privacy and Proxy
Service Provider Accreditation Program IRT meeting that is scheduled for
this upcoming Tuesday, the 17th. Given that Monday is a U.S. holiday (I had
forgotten about this during our IRT call), there is not adequate time to
distribute the necessary documents for review before the call. I sincerely
apologize for any inconvenience.

Looking ahead, in an effort to ensure we proceed conservatively and
transparently, and that we clearly understand and document all IRT members'
intent surrounding our timeline and meeting schedule, we request that you
complete the following poll no later than Wednesday, 18 January:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FTW57SC

On our call on Tuesday the 10th, I asked two discrete questions regarding
our timeline and call schedule, and the responses we received in the Adobe
room were as follows:

Question 1: Should this IRT adopt the 12-month timeline circulated to the
IRT in December (question asked at approximately 8:23 on recording)?

Attendees in room (including some staff): 30

Yes: (2)-Alex Deacon and Steve Metalitz (Steve elaborated on audio that the
IRT should proceed to the substance of this implementation and hold weekly
meetings, and see how quickly we can proceed rather than explicitly adopting
the 12-month timeline)

No: (8) Leana Vitruk (on the phone); Alejandro Hernandez, Carolyn Mitchell,
Darcy Southwell, Eric Rokobauer, Greg DiBiase, Janelle McAlister, Lisa
Villeneuve

Question 2: Is anyone opposed to moving to weekly meetings (in response to
discussion at end of call regarding the need for timely scheduling and
adequate notice of meetings, at approximately 53:00)?

Attendees in room (including some staff): 33

Yes (meaning, IRT should move to weekly meetings): (8) Alejandro Hernandez,
Alex Deacon, Eric Rokobauer, Leana Vitruk, Lisa Villeneuve, Roger Carney,
Steve Metalitz, Vlad Dinculescu

No (meaning, opposed to moving to weekly schedule): (2): Carolyn Mitchell,
Greg DiBiase

Based on the more "yes's" than "no's" to Question 2, and the discussion on
the audio, which seemed to support moving to weekly meetings, I committed to
schedule weekly meetings. However, many IRT members did not answer the
question (and some were not on the call). This is why we are asking you to
complete the above-linked poll, to ensure we clearly understand and
correctly interpret all IRT members' views on this topic.

Our next meeting is scheduled for 24 January 2017. If your survey responses
reflect the apparent intent in the room on the 10 January call, we will
proceed to adopt the proposed weekly meeting schedule as of our 24 January
meeting.

Best,

Amy

Amy E. Bivins

Registrar Policy Services Manager

Registrar Services and Industry Relations

Direct: +1 (202) 249-7551

Fax:  +1 (202) 789-0104

Email: amy.bivins at icann.org

www.icann.org