[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] Materials and questions for 24 January PP IRT Call

theo geurts gtheo at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 24 12:37:14 UTC 2017

Hi Amy, et al.,

Below my comments on the AB's and some other additional comments.

Section 2
AB1 looks good.

AB2 looks good.

AB3 No comment

AB4 No comment

AB5 No comment

AB6 & AB7. I would shorten this and make sure WDRP is a requirement for
those providers. I think how the WDRP policy is specified is clear
enough for those providers compared to definitions of "customers."

AB8 Yes, include RDS

AB9 From that I gathered from the list there is no issue, as such, we do
not need to include it.

AB10 Underlying data only, we already established earlier on that
providers should have accurate and contactable data in the WHOIS.

AB11 I would freeze this one for now. See what happens when we discuss
transfers.

AB12 Not sure what the question is. This is already something Registrars
do, and it works fine?

AB13 discussion point for the legal folks among us?

Not an AB but should be an AB:
vii. Privacy and Proxy Service provider terms of service SHALL include
pricing information.

TG: How do we imagine this when we offer our services through resellers
or other parties. I suggest we Registrars take a good look at this one
and discuss this one in either a sub-group or amongst ourselves.

AB14 Not sure, current language might clash with UDRP?

AB15 What language does the SPEC 11 Framework WG suggest here language
wise? I think we have the same discussion there.

AB16 AB17 AB18 AB19
Not sure how we want to handle these, looks pretty complex at the moment.

AB20
Registrars should dive into this one and scope the technical issues and
perhaps suggest workable language here that does justice to the intent
of the recommendations.

G. Reveal (Publication and Disclosure)
i. In deciding whether or not to comply with a Disclosure or Publication
request, Privacy and Proxy Service providers SHALL NOT mandate that a
Requester first make a Relay request.

TG I am not sure what we are trying to solve here.

AB21 Hard to define in my opinion. These matters can be complex, consult
lawyers, etc. Perhaps the provider should describe the process with the
predicted time lines to the requestor? Can we come up with some language
that captures this?

AB 22 Agreed

AB23 Yes at first glance. But this one is most likely more complex as
privacy providers can only deal with a very limited set of abuse.

AB24 That is my recollection also from the WG sessions.

AB25 I do not recall that data retention was on the menu. Data Escrow was.

Section 5

AB1 Agreed with the latter, bring them in scope and see where they end up.

AB2 & AB3 Is this happening? I am not sure what we are trying to solve
here. A Registrant has a contract with their Registrar or Reseller, this
contract deals with the renewals and restores. That there is a separate
service regarding privacy services does not diminish the contract
between the Registrant and Registrar, right?

Transfers lets revisit this when we have transfers more in scope.

Section 6

AB1 agreed
AB2 agreed, let's discuss this.
AB3, I thought it was the GNSO, but I am not sure here.

Best,

Theo