[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] [Ext] Re: Action Items From Today's PP IRT Call

Amy Bivins amy.bivins at icann.org
Thu Jul 20 12:46:28 UTC 2017

Hi Theo,

Thank you for your comments thus far. To clarify for the group:

Section 2.2--this section was appropriated from the RAA but modified. You'll notice that, unlike the comparable section in the RAA, there is no allowance for use of a logo in the PPAA draft (and there is no logo license specification in the PPAA as there is in the RAA). This section simply restricts how accredited providers can use the ICANN name and marks.

Sections 3.5.4.3, 3.5.4.8--these sections were included in this draft as they appeared to be equally relevant to PP Providers. But if the IRT feels differently we can revisit. This will be added to the issues list. And same for the specifications.

We took this approach in utilizing and adapting portions of the RAA because many of the sections are relevant and applicable to PP providers. It seemed to create less confusion to have identical (or nearly identical) provisions, so that registrars with PP affiliates would not be in a position of needing to understand and comply with different standards depending on the service (as this could be confusing). In many of our discussions so far, the IRT has also indicated that care should be taken to follow the RAA where possible.

If sections/specifications need to be revisited and/or modified, that is what we are planning to do now, based on your feedback. As mentioned, we are planning to review this document topic by topic to make the discussion more manageable. I hope this helps and look forward to others' feedback.

Best,
Amy