[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] Materials for PP IRT Review, Meeting Next Week Canceled to Provide Additional Review Time

Russ Weinstein russ.weinstein at icann.org
Thu May 25 18:08:28 UTC 2017

Thanks Greg, I would caution, we should remind ourselves of the definition of Affiliated with a Registrar from the 2013 RAA:

1.3 "Affiliate" means a person or entity that, directly or indirectly, through one or more intermediaries, Controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with, the person or entity specified.

1.4 "Affiliated Registrar" is another Accredited registrar that is an Affiliate of Registrar.

I don’t think it requires common address, personnel, or even technical infrastructure.

For clarification, are you suggesting we refer back to the registrar application to determine an applicant for a P/P service is technically or operationally qualified or just to verify they are a currently accredited registrar in good standing?

Thanks,

Russ

Director, Global Implementation

ICANN